When rigorous and essential design becomes a point of strength…
Distributing and managing energy, controlling lights, regulating temperature or providing comfort and ensuring safety – Plana satisfies these basic needs in the simplest way: by means of a rigorous design focused on the essential needs of the user, with its elegant but never obtrusive appearance and many sophisticated details that users gradually discover and appreciate over time.
Plana was conceived and designed as a basic switch range for budget installations within a very competitive price range, but it soon began to play a key role within the client’s portfolio and was expanded over the years to become the most complete and versatile switch range. Plana now offers more than 450 different modular devices with a wide variety of mechanical and electronic functions, either cable-connected or wireless, for traditional installations or as part of electronic BUS systems and to various international standards – broad diversity sharing a unique and coherent design style.
- Definition of a design language – characterizing, basic and timeless
- Development of design guidelines – rigorous but open to unknown future functions
- New design and engineering from scratch of all functions as a platform for future switch ranges
- Development of new materials and aesthetic finishes for design frames never seen in the sector before
- Introduction of design-driven technical innovations within a restricted cost budget
- Establishment of a design-conscious culture within the client’s company
- Design concept and design style
- Product design
- Design-driven innovations
- 3D-CAD modelling
- User menus and display graphics of all electronic devices
- Art direction of color and material development