When basic technology achieves user experience like high-tech devices…
Designing a consumer product with an ambitiously low target price offering contemporary design and a comfortable user interface is challenging. In the present case, the display technology was limited to a custom-made LCD display which has to transmit information for a wide range of functions to the user, as well as allowing easy configuration and programming. User input is realized using a limited number of capacitive zones integrated into the display. Adding a continuous glass-like front surface to cover the display as part of the device’s housing makes users quickly forget they are using a low-tech device rather than a modern, full-touch mobile device with a graphic display.
The range of products contains thermostats and timer thermostats which can be either stand-alone or managed via GSM or WIFI connection. A dedicated mobile phone app allw devices to be monitored and programmed remotely, with maximum guidance and convenience.
- Aesthetically appealing, slim appearance of body despite volumetric restraints
- Large display for good readability from a distance
- Convenient and informative user interface with a simple LCD display
- Display layout with 228 controlled segments compatible with segment-routing
- Product design
- 3D-CAD modelling of aesthetic components
- Development of functional specifications
- User menu structure and display layout for all versions